In my "spare time", I maintain two blogs ....
devoted to women in the arts, what I've dubbed "word art"
but also other creative arts or whatever strikes my fancy
an armchair journey on writers, reading, books, bookstores
and other literary points of interest around Georgia
and post as a blogger for ...
The Huffington Post
Gone Global! Yes. My recent posts - about people that inspire
me and I hope you - are (click the link to read):
while touring with ...
The Book Widows
four fellow authors talk about how men and women
read differently and what, if anything. we can do
to change this
| The Killers Next Door
reading and writing mystery and suspense
with three local authors
writing articles and essays ...
- Susan Smelser and her efforts to save the Book Worm Book Store. The Powder Springs Messenger, March 21, 2016 "It Takes a Book Store" and in the April 12, 2016 Lady Banks' Commonplace Book Newsletter as "The Southern Bookstore"
- Minerva Rising's "Keeping Room" asked readers to capture their favorite moments from the summer that's just ending. I reminisced about my trip to a bleak and barren landscape in Labrador. Sept 19, 2015 A Light Mist
- "This Is Not a Death Story" a short essay on the theme "Birth Stories", The Persimmon Tree, April 2016
- "You Have to Have Support" my entry on balancing writing and life in The Write Balance Amazon.com July 2012
- "My Mother's Gifts" Points North Online Magazine, May 2011
- "Celebrating Conifers in the Southeast" Conifer Quarterly, Summer 2011
- "On Cones and Needles - Conifers in the Garden" State-by-State Gardening co-authored with Harry Bethea, April 2005
doing interviews ...
guest posting on other blogs ....
- Managing multiple blogs, writing short stories, articles, and books, doing interviews and still holding it all together through what I call Integrated Blogging on Southern Writers - Suite T. August 10, 2016
- Exploring the differences between how men and women read on Amy Sue Nathan's blog Women's Fiction Writers. The Book Widows Are Minding the Gap April 5, 2016
- Dread reading your book reviews? Read about how bad book reviews can really help on Amy Sue Nathan's blog Women's Fiction Writers.
Bad Book Reviews Help Writers March 5, 2015
- Do you want to create a trailer for your book but don't know how or whether it's worth the effort? Read my blog
Six Tips for Creating Knock-Out Book Trailers on Alice Osborn's blog. March 2, 2015
- As an author you've likely suffered rejection after rejection. Read my Guest Post on Beyond Your Blog about dealing with rejections and my approach. Rejected? Get Connected Oct 26, 2014
- Ever wonder what leads you to pick up a novel? I explored the similarities between 2013's best seller list on Amy Sue Nathan's blog Women's Fiction Writers. Sept 4, 2014 First Lines
- What is the meaning and importance of gifts we give and receive? And how did they make their way into a story? Written for Readers Unbound. Dec 16, 2013 Gifts Matter
- Raised with little regard to gender -- that is believing a woman can do anything a man can, gender seems all of a sudden to matter.
Published in Minerva Rising's blog. Sept 19, 2013 Gender Wars
- For the Reading Between the Wines Book Club -- a romance writer's site, I wrote about male characters in romance novels -- as seen through a glass of good red wine. Musings on Male Characters Oct 11, 2012
and hosting author chats from time to time at ...
Dec 2015: Scott Seeke | Jan 13-14: Julia McDermott | Feb 11-12: Dr. Terry Segal | Mar 10-11: The Book Widows
Apr 14-15: Carole Townsend | May 12-13: Bob Babcock | June 10: Jameson Gregg